Looking back on my childhood, fast
food was definitely a treat for my family and I. My parents always worked
hard to provide my sister and my brother everything that we needed, including
any food that we wanted to eat. Money was limited so my mom have always
cooked food at home, which was fine but I would always think about the happy
meal that was served at McDonald’s. Oh how
I could not wait to eat the delicious food inside a funny shaped bag. Every now
and then, if my siblings and I got good grades, they would treat us to pizza,
McDonald's, or anything that we wanted. When I was younger I loved eating
pizza and ordering the happy meal from McDonald's because the happy meal had a
cool toy in it. My happy meal would
usually have chicken nuggets, a hamburger, French fries, and a soft drink. What kid does not like chicken nuggets? It was more of a treat to me growing up
because I know that I have earned it and it was about time to appreciate it. At the time I did not think much of it, other
than it was good, it was a place and play, and had quality family time.
Now that I am older, on occasion I
would have some fast food. I do not rely
on it, or nor that I think of driving through the drive through window to get
some fast food. I usually cook my own
food which consists of mostly vegetable and chicken/beef. I usually eat a lot of rice as part of my
diet. I do like fast food, but now that
I am older, I have to watch the way I eat.
When I am in a hurry, which is rare, and need to eat fast, I would get
some fast food and eat it while running errands. Still, fast food is often a treat to myself
because it is something I do not have often.
I love cheeseburgers and French fries, it’s such a great combo to eat
together. Even though I love
cheeseburgers and French fries as much as I do, it’s not a food that I would
eat occasionally. Fast food does not
play a big role in part of my life, I usually have it about once a month. Even if the commercial comes on telling me to
get some, it is something I would look past.
When I go out with my friends, we wouldn’t get fast food and it’s not a
suggestion of where we would eat. I
guess if fast food ran out of business I would not miss it and crave for it as
much as others who rely on it.

When I was young I would only get fast food as a reward as well. When I was younger having fast food was also looked at as a treat, not as a daily thing.
ReplyDeleteIt's good that you didn't eat fast food often. It shows that you never ate bad food often as a child and now. Knowing how to cook for yourself is one of the best traits to have as a person like you.
ReplyDelete