Family are the most important people in anyone’s life, I
believe so. My family has five members
including Dad, Mom, Sister, Brother, and I.
My father is from Vietnam, came to America when he was in his teen
years. My mother is from Cambodia, came
to America when she was also in her teens.
Most of my father’s youngest siblings also made it here with him, his
parents and other siblings stayed behind in Vietnam. Since his older siblings already had a family
of their own there, they choose to stay behind, and every month my father would
send them money to support them. Most of
my mother’s siblings and her mother made it here to America. I am happy to have such a large amount of
family, my dad has about two brothers and three sisters. My mother has two brothers and also four
sisters. I have so many cousins, some
very close to my age and some super young.
They could be old enough to be my niece or nephew, but I enjoy the
company. My brother who is a year
younger than me already has a five year old son, is living on his own, has a
good job, and his own vehicle. My sister
is four years younger than me, she is in college and still lives at home but
she also has her own vehicle. I haven’t
seen my family in almost two years, I miss them, and also the feeling of never
being alone. Sometimes I think of my
family’s history and wonder how hard it was for my father and my mother and
their families to live so poorly back in the countries. I am truly grateful for everything that they
have giving me, and also the opportunity to choose what and who I want to be in
life.
I liked your post, and how you're grateful for your family. I also enjoy that i have a large amount of family.
ReplyDeleteThis is an amazing post. I too love having a large family. The more the merrier!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your family roots. I bet it's fun to have a big family, especially during the holidays.
ReplyDeleteMy dad was exactly like yours. When my dad used to live here by himself, he used to send money to my mom so that she can buy all the essentials to my brothers and me. Good job I really like your blog.
ReplyDelete